IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Environmental education seeks to develop an understanding of the relationships between the elements of the local environment, positive attitudes towards it and skills which will enable people to actively engage in promoting its wellbeing
AAEE – SA Chapter
The Australian Association for Environmental Education Inc – SA Chapter (AAEE-SA Chapter):
• promotes Education for Sustainability and the UNESCO Sustainable Development Goals;
• brings together educators and students from schools, environmental managers and educators in non-government and government organisations, community and/or conservation groups to successfully implement Education for Sustainability and Environmental Education so people understand their environment, appreciate environmental values, and live sustainably;
• endeavours to develop skills and knowledge to actively contribute to the wellbeing of local, regional and global environments;
• seeks to foster education for a sustainable future by developing peoples’ understandings of the interrelationships between the elements of their environments and positive attitudes towards them;
• works with local/state/national governments and their agencies, business, industry, schools, universities and further education centres; and
• develops and shares a variety of resources and materials for use in Education for Sustainability and Environmental Education.
SA Chapter Programs
Bringing Back The Butterflies
Bringing Back the Butterflies (BBB) are dedicated to rehabilitating local butterfly species’ habitat.
Their vision for the future: to progress BBB into more regions!