IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Environmental education seeks to develop an understanding of the relationships between the elements of the local environment, positive attitudes towards it and skills which will enable people to actively engage in promoting its wellbeing
AAEE – SA Chapter
The Australian Association for Environmental Education Inc – SA Chapter (AAEE-SA Chapter):
- promotes Education for Sustainability and the UNESCO Sustainable Development Goals
- brings together educators and students from schools, environmental managers and educators in non-government and government organisations, community and/or conservation groups to successfully implement Education for Sustainability and Environmental Education.
- educates and enables people to understand their environment, appreciate environmental values, and live sustainably
- endeavours to develop skills and knowledge to actively contribute to the wellbeing of local, regional and global environments;
- seeks to foster education for a sustainable future by developing peoples’ understandings of the interrelationships between the elements of their environments and positive attitudes towards them;
- works with local/state/national governments and their agencies, business, industry, schools, universities and further education centres; and
- develops and shares a variety of resources and materials for use in Education for Sustainability and Environmental Education.
Snorkel with EMS plus AAEE Seaweek learning at Port Noarlunga Jetty
A guided snorkel of Port Noarlunga Reef with EMS guides. Wetsuit, fins and snorkel gear provided (or BYO).
Adults and swimmers 10yrs +
Explore this amazing local Marine Sanctuary with trained EMS guides from 10am, and learn about Seaweek learning opportunities from AAEE speakers from 9.45am. Family members welcome, must be competent swimmers. A form for wetsuit sizing and medical information to be completed by Feb 14th will be emailed in early Feb.
AAEE members and non members can attend. A great gift experience, or make a friend an AAEE member here
Meet outside the Port Noarlunga Surf Club from 9.40am – look for the AAEE Banner, and some friendly AAEE folks!
Sunday, 19th February starts at 9:00am and finishes at 12:00pm
Location: Port Noarlunga
Port Noarlunga Surf Life Saving Club Port Noarlunga, SA 5167
Youth Environment Council
Applications are now open for the Youth Environment Council of SA (YEC) 2023 – for students in Year 7-11 who are passionate about the environment and sustainability and taking action at home, in their school or community. Members are encouraged to promote this for any of their students who might be interested.
SA Chapter Programs
Bringing Back the Butterflies
BBB was created to mobilise people to help revegetate the ‘burbs for local butterflies. It will spark learning and new relationships through education about the environment, biodiversity and sustainability.
Education for Sustainability (EfS)
and Climate Action Campaign
The AAEE Education for Sustainability (EfS) and Climate Action Campaign is mobilising the Australian community to support education and training policy reform, so that we can all
participate in the transition to a safe and sustainable presence on our home, the Earth.